Glosario pianistico

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 22:11:04 -0700

Billbrpt@AOL.COM wrote:

> In a message dated 10/23/99 10:10:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Paul writes:
>
> << beat             pulsacion (f), batido (m) >>
>
> A great looking glossary you have going, Paul.  I have also heard the word
> "batamento" or "batamiento" for the beats we hear in intervals.

Come to think of it, I've heard the same.  In it goes.

> One word that seems very difficult to translate in both Spanish and French is
> "aftertouch".  I don't have a word for you but it does need to be in your
> glossary.  I'll bet someone else has a word for it.  (My guess would be
> "contratoque  (m)".)

My French is better than my Spanish.  Creating gallicisms tends to run
afoul of the academie francaise but some possibilities might be "suite
d'echappement" and "touche de suite."  For Spanish, how about "sigue de
escape" or "toque de sigue" as additional possibilities?

> Here's another "A" word:         action      mecānico (m)  mecanismo (m)
>
> Bill Bremmer RPT
> Madison, Wisconsin

I've also seen mecanico as a feminine, "mecanica," but I prefer the
masculine, which I think is more common.

Thanks, Bill

Paul