Restringing preparation

Brian Holden bholden@wave.co.nz
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 13:39:38 +1300

Thanks Stephen.  Yes, I think that with most modern pianos you could =
just get in there with the cutters, but the procedure you suggest is =
pretty much the way I figured it should really be done.  Brian=20
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Stephen Powell <pianotec@ihug.co.nz>
    To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
    Date: Sunday, 24 October 1999 13:23
    Subject: Re: Restringing preparation=20
   =20
    Hello Brian
    =20
    I usually drop the tension on the strings in this order:
        left string of each plain wire trichord
        left string of each bichord   =20
        every second monochord   =20
        centre string of each trichord   =20
        remainder of bass strings
        remainder of treble strings
    =20
    However, I have heard of techs just chomping through the wire from =
one end to the other with cutters without dropping tension at all!  I'm =
not that brave.
    =20
    Stephen Powell RPT
    Auckland, NZ