Damper Flanges?

Graeme Harvey gharvey@netsource.co.nz
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 20:42:16 +1300

Hi Roger,

I think we could be at cross purposes here Roger. I am referring to the =
twisting around the screw axis.
You probably are as well. But the sandpaper idea seems to work well =
particularly if the flanges shrink a little over time with climatic =
changes etc. It is used on quite a few grand hammer flange rails too for =
the same purpose.
Aren't dampers fun!

Cheers....... Graeme Harvey=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Roger Jolly=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, October 22, 1999 7:34 PM
  Subject: Re: Damper Flanges?

        For twisting flanges, you could try a strip of say 180 grit =
sandpaper, glued along the rail beside the screw holes. I've tried this =
successfully in the past. Otherwise it seems to be as you suggest, adapt =
the damper flanges to fit.=20
        Graeme Harvey
  Hi Graeme,
                    I was a little unclear, I was not refering to =
travel, but the flat of the damper lever being being square and flat =
with the adjacent levers. But you are right also check the vertical =
alignment. (parallel travel)=20

  Because the routed out groove has been widened, the flange will easily =
twist, leading to some real damping head aches on wedge dampers.

  Regards Roger

  Roger Jolly
  BaldwinYamaha Piano Centre
  Saskatoon and Regina