Wound Wire breakage in churchs

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:12:04 +0200

"Matthew J. Todd" wrote:

> Well, when one thing doesn't work, go and do something else to pinpoint
> this problem.  Seven RPT's in the area told me that my playing is not the
> cause for this massive string breakage.  And if it was, I would go out
> and buy a Steinway to relinquish the problem once and for all.  Maybe if
> this technician would quit using wire bought by the bulk and try the
> German made Roulau (sp?) wire, the problem will be solved.
>
> Matthew

The wire is not the problem. It really cant be or this kinda thing would pop
up more often on all pianos useing the wire this tech installs. And all piano
wire is bought in bulk form in some sense of the word. If you need a piano to
boom out and fill a whole church hall, then a Steinway is a very good choice,
this being one of their big pluses. And perhaps you need a fairly large
Steinway as well.  If its more "up front" volume you need (as in you cant
here yourself) then perhaps you should look around for other makes.. Yamaha
is a good place to start.

I would be curious to see the shape of your M&S tho.. I would think properly
regulated and with parts in very good shape it would do nicely in a church.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway