Ivers and Ponds

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:31:51 EDT

Hello Dan!

   The 5 "3'  I & P piano you refer to is probably a "Scale 83,"
if this is the case it is a fine piano and well worth rebuilding.
If it is a 5 ft.  It is a "Scale 91" of the two pianos the "83 "
is better for it's size.
    The "83 " has a Wessel, Nickel & Gross action, aliquots
in treble, 10 single bass wires, 12 double, and most have
3 two string unisons wrapped in center section.
     After rebuilding many Ivers & Ponds I have found no pattern
faults.  The  I. P.s  were indeed among the great "Boston" pianos
built on  "Piano Row".
   Their address was 250 Boylston St. Boston.

    Hope this helps.

  Regards,
  Jack Wyatt