Plastic (old) elbow dilemma

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:43:46 EDT

In a message dated 10/19/99 10:55:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, JIMRPT@AOL.COM
writes:

<<
  A method I prefer is using a small pair of vice grips. If you place/clamp
 the jaws at the top of, and flush to, the old elbow.......... you can then
 remove all remnants of the old elbow, secure the wire and turn the new one
on
 until it bottoms out against the vice grip jaws, thereby almost exactly
 duplicating the position of the old elbow.
  Jim Bryant (FL)

Hi Jim et al:
Have any of you used the heating the wire method?  I use it all the time-it's
fast, less tiresome-  and I've only burned down one house when the propane
torch slipped.  Ooops.  It was an inexpensive house, tho-owned by a 'lil ole'
lady with a Cadillac.

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Just some Northern Humor.