Plastic (old) elbow dilemma

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 23:53:09 EDT

In a message dated 10/18/1999 11:36:40 PM, Jlovekeys@AOL.COM writes:

<< I plan on tuning the piano first and fear that I will break many more.
She does not want to replace them all at this point. >>

Jim;
 It is no money out of my pocket....... but I say don't take the
tuning...............

Firstly if it has broken elbows already you can't tune it without replacing
the already broken elbows first.
Secondly If you touch it and break some more elbows it might be perceived as
'your fault'.
Thirdly if the customer is not concerned enough about a "family heirloom" to
spend a little money making it playable again you would be better off
spending time with a more reasonable customer...both in terms of dollars and
peace of mind...or should that be 'piece'?  :-)
My take.
 Jim Bryant (FL)