Input for Intro Tuning Presentation

JCSwafford@AOL.COM JCSwafford@AOL.COM
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 17:26:07 EDT

Dear List:

I have been asked to do a tuning presentation for a high school band class.
I have practically no experience in teaching, but have a fairly thorough
understanding of tuning theory in equal temperament.

I need to adapt this knowledge to areas of band instruments and their
functioning in solo and ensemble. The band teacher wanted me to explain to
the students why it is important to pay attention to pitch in particular.

I would very much appreciate some input in the way of guidelines or
individual content for this type of presentation. Any ideas that you have
would be beneficial, especially from those experienced lecturers. If you have
handouts or outlines from your presentations I would very much love to have
them.

The presentation will be about 30 minutes.

Thanks for your help.

Joel Swafford, RPT