etd's longevity

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 23:03:56 -0400

List,

A few thoughts:

The utility of either route partially depends on how you use it.  I've
personally switched over in the past two years from my venerable old SAT II
to running a laptop.  On one hand, I got many years of service out of my SAT
(#1422) and less from my first laptop.  However, there are a number of
features that on my computer that I wouldn't want to get by without these
days.  My scheduler, service files, accounting files, email, etc. are always
at my fingertips.  If I get a few minutes while waiting on a customer or,
heaven forbid, when there's a no-show, I can put the time to good use in a
number of ways.  While I realize that some folks want to leave this
information behind in the office, it's become invaluable to me in saving
time in working up estimates, scheduling, using visual aids (and printouts)
for explaining procedures to customers, evaluating scales and working on
your institute.  So those are maybe just a few factors to throw in along
with the price, tuning features, longevity, battery life, ease of use,
preference discussion.

And now for the shameless plug (if you've read this far), you can see all of
these items and more in the CyberCafe in Arlington next July.  If there are
particular areas that you're interested in, let us know so we can work on
it.

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Assistant Institute Director