pianotech-digest V1997 #2061

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 21:28:05 -0500

Thank you Mark W. I would write to you privately but your address does not
appear.  Obviously, Yamaha is among the best in support to us and is my
personal favorite.

                           James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G and M.P.T.
pianoman@inlink.com
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups and Practical Piano Peripherals in
St. Louis, MO
(314) 845-8282
1526 Raspberry Lane
Arnold, MO 63010
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Wisner <MWisner@yamaha.com>
To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Thursday, October 14, 1999 12:34 PM
Subject: Re: pianotech-digest V1997 #2061

>Referring to
>
>"From: "James Grebe" <pianoman@inlink.com>
>Subject: Sheldon Smith type thoughts
>Hi All,
>With this prolonged discussion on the worth and the exclusivity of one fine
technician I would offer these thoughts, especially to the fine tuners
>who are at the beginning of their career...........I am sure some of you
others have thoughts on this also.  What are they?"

>Well said, James!  And since you asked for thoughts, IMHO, there is no
shame in having a customer base servicing pianos with humble pedigrees.  A
good tech can make a bigger difference in a poor piano than one already in
great shape.  Of course, there is a lot to be said for, and a good living to
be made, elevating the former to the latter....