What do you do with a square action?

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:36:36 -0500 (CDT)

Ok, it took me a while, but I finally got it.

You will note (sorry), with the action sitting on a bench or table, that
when you strike a key very hard, the hammer flies up and the hammer and butt
assembly will spontaneously part company with the disintegrating flange.
Said hammer/butt assembly will then fly forward at a rather dramatic rate of
speed and will travel quite a ways... unless it hits something. It seems to
me that this old action, in conjunction with a signed liability disclaimer,
could be a terrific job applicant pre-screening and dynamic
intelligence/aptitude indicator. You know... Whack! "Ouch!" Sorry dude,
we'll let you know. Man, I bet that hurt.

It's kind of like the Polish door bell I made my father in law years ago,
where you pushed the button and a little hammer flew out from behind a door
and whacked you on the thumb nail. "Ouch!" Uh, someone's at the door.

Or just bronze it. If you can find another one, you can make book ends.

 Ron N