RPT Exams

James McCormac jmccorm@tfb.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:31:26 -0700

Yesterday I reached one of my goals and became a Registered Piano =
Technician. I am pleased and proud to have demonstrated the basic skills =
required of an RPT. I am also grateful that there are dedicated members =
of our guild who serve on the examining boards. Here in southern =
California we have a fantastic group of examiners, most of whom have =
served for over a decade in the examination trenches. They include Carl =
Lieberman, secretary/treasurer; Teri Meredyth, Stephen Schell,  and =
Brian Holt for the tuning exam; and Kathy Smith and David Vanderlip for =
the technical exam. I have greatly appreciated their enthusiasm and =
encouragement. We are indeed fortunate to have such folk in our midst.
    I encourage those of you who have not yet taken the challenge to =
become a registered technician to get your courage "to the sticking =
place" and begin the process. You will find it a great learning =
experience.

Jim McCormac AB, MA, RPT
San Diego Chapter
Fallbrook, California