who is sheldon smith?

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 22:20:11 -0700

K Anderson wrote:

> Dear James,
> I am sorry about your loss.  I want to extend my sympathies to you...I'm
> so sorry that is all I can do for you.
I am sure you will
> eventually find the right tech for you.  It may take longer than is
> comfortable, it may be someone who is quite different from Sheldon or
> only a little different, but they're out there somewhere.

James,

Let me add my sympathies.  Sheldon was a great loss to our entire
community.  The turnout for his memorial in August and a more recent one
for technicians is ample proof of that, if any was needed.  Sheldon was
a spectacular technician and a very generous person as well.  He helped
me when I asked, and refused payment.  I am only one of many in his
debt.

You and we will never find anyone like Sheldon again, and that is as it
should be.  However, as you plan for your needs after the loss of
Sheldon, I would like to suggest that you keep an open mind about your
search for technical excellence, both in the Bay Area and around the
world.  Some of the best were at the technicians' memorial to Sheldon
and other excellent ones were not, but are nevertheless around the
corner.

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA