Broadwood Grand

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 02:01:25 -0200

A similar Broadwood languishes in my shop (ser#44618); while it doesn't have a
threaded plate its other features balance out. It does have struts, but the plate
was cast in pieces.

Noteably, it has a single bridge (wasn't it John Broadwood who separated the bass
bridge?) while the soundboard is nearly perpendicular to the spine, under-dampers,
etc. Restringing would not change any of these features, its sound or performance.

Doug, is the piano in question being repinned because it is no longer tuneable and
the original block is integral to the case? I'll be extracting the block from ours
fairly soon if you want to learn from my mistakes.

Clark