Broadwood Grand

Roger C Hayden rchayden1@juno.com
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 08:46:15 -0400

I have a friend in England who could send me boxcars of those early
Broadwood grands.  Frankly, they are not highly prized in the UK.  His
comment was due to light duty stability, and poor regulation at best in
the action.  I believe the cut-off point for quality in the Broadwood was
about 1900.  I have seen both pre and post 1900 Broadwoods here in N E
Penns.  Dramatically different.  The old would not hold its tune nor play
pleasantly.   The newer one, 1920's I think, was remarkably delightful
and stable.

Keep a nice shine on the Old Broadwood, but get a new piano for the
pleasure of playing.

Roger Hayden

Roger C. Hayden,  RPT
Clarks Summit, PA