sheldon smith replacement?

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 07:59:18 -0500 (CDT)

>Ron is hitting that bottle again.
>                           James Grebe

It just seemed kind of unnecessary to get all worked up over one customer's
opinion of one tech, and I was trying to add a little perspective. The same
technician, on the same day, bringing the same skill level to the pianos of
two different customers, can be perceived as being a "master" by one, and an
incompetent by the other. In my experience, above a reasonable minimum level
of service quality, the customer usually hires the personality and attitude
of the tech, rather than the work (though there are exceptions). I've gotten
plenty of work second hand, because the customer didn't like the personality
of the previous tech, though they had no problem with his work. I've lost
customers the same way, and every one of you out there has too. I also know
techs who, though not having the reputations of "master technicians", have a
large and extremely loyal clientele because they are honest, conscientious,
likable, fair, and do decent work. Just try to look that up in the yellow
pages when you're cold calling for service.

Gotta go, tunings scheduled today and it's time to go play personality roulette.

 Ron N