digital sheet music

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 19:52:54 -0700

Susan Kline wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> Awhile back I thought of an electronic tablet that would sit on a music
> stand, to take the place of sheet music. The main attraction was ease
> of page turning...

Susan,

Thanks for posting this website. The same thought occurred to me as
well. To us inveterate readers of music, the frustrations of page
turning, self-closing music books, etc., are a common plague and, in
this day of fast laptop computers and these wonderful flat-panel
displays, such a device just begs to be invented.

Interesting to read about how the MOODS consortium have developed a
formal model of music so that whatever is scanned in can be manipulated
and displayed according to sheet music protocol instead of just however.
The music-writing programs I've worked with so far are not nearly so
sophisticated in dealing with the subtle relationships between the
elements of musical notation. This is a major step.

Tom

--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT
Santa Cruz, CA