Musings (off-topic and non-technical)

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Sat, 09 Oct 1999 23:13:32 -0400

Acck! I may have been too hasty on the afterthought in this post. In
today's mail, I received a PO from a university to tune all the pianos. I
think someone may have forgotten until now. Normally, I would have
proceeded anyway, but a -new- rule (apparently mandated by the state) says
that any subcontractor must have an authorized purchase order to be working
on campus. I haven't asked yet, but figure it must deal with security
matters. This being a state university...

Included was a list of various repairs as _separate_ line items. At least
they're beginning to recognize that repairs are needed, and are different
than tunings. It's been a rocky road to educate them about this "little"
thing, but apparently it's finally paying off! <g>

See y'all.. someday!

Jim Harvey, RPT