Q:Kranich & Bach Surprise!?

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 15:04:19 -0500

Dear Diane:
While I HATE Kranich & Bachs, if this is a true "art case grand" perhaps
replacing the horrid K&B original wippens with Steinway parts would be
inappropriate. What do the historic instrument buffs on the list think?
When I see art grands in photographs I think they're loathsome, but the S&S
art grand built for Frederick Marquandt (p. 200 of Dolge's Pianos and their
Makers) which is now at the Clark Museum in Williamstown, MA is truly
stunning. $40,000 brand new about 110 years ago; something like 1.43
million a few years ago when the Clark bought it.

Patrick