Bridal Straps Married

Steven Lewis Schteev@flash.net
Sat, 02 Oct 1999 15:30:29 -0500

Hi,
I've been tacking bridle straps in pianos for over 30 years, and I like it the
best.  I can put a set on in less than an hour, and they are also are cheaper than
the cork.
Also, while a tuning a vertical yesterday, with the current thread regarding bridle
straps in mind.  I noticed that after the hammer has checked, if you hold the hammer
with your hand in position so it won't fall back and release the key, and the wippen
falls all the way back down, if there is slack still in the bridle strap, then the
strap does no good at all in regards to helping the hammer come back to position...
just an observation.
Steven Lewis
Ft. Worth