Yamaha LU90 ...and other indonesian attrocities

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 01 Oct 1999 19:46:48 -0600

Glad I'm not the only one that hears the offensive tone (out of the box) in
these entry level pianos. We have to voice 100% of them, once done they are
a good buy, as a Yamaha product.  I do not like to sell anything less than
what the public has come to expect, from this fine piano company.
Regards Roger

At 09:29 PM 30/09/99 +1000, you wrote:
>G'day Roger and Elian et al
>
>We also had the LU-101 prior to the C108 here in  Australia. The LU-101 was
>a Japanese made product, as was the C108.
>The C108 has now bee replaced by the LU90 and the LX110 (this is an LU90 in
>a taller cabinet with legs...a small version cabinetwise of the U1)
>
>They still sound horrible and I am encouraged by your comments regarding
>steam voicing, Roger, I look forward to trying it all soon....and yes the M1
>(and the M108) are superior instruments!
>
>As I remember it, the LU101 was introduced as a model below the M1 to
>counter the prices of the Young Changs and Samicks that were only just
>starting to make an impact here.
>
>Cheers
>Mark Bolsius
>Bolsius Piano Services
>Canberra Australia
>
>----------
>>From: owner-pianotech-digest@ptg.org (pianotech-digest)
>>To: pianotech-digest@ptg.org
>>Subject: pianotech-digest V1997 #2030
>>Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 3:50 PM
>>

>> Here in Canada, we had the LU101 series, American assembled
>>> from Japanese components.
>>> Current model is a C108 , harsh, single felted, unvoiced hammers. After
>>> steam voicing they sound very similar to the old (superior) M1's. After
>>> voicing it becomes a nice entry level piano.

Roger Jolly
BaldwinYamaha Piano Centre
Saskatoon and Regina
Saskatchewan, Canada.