clunker, bounced checks, no one home

Lawsonic Pianoforte Services lawsonic@global.co.za
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 17:12:28 +0200

Bill wrote:
>  Around here, some people never lock their doors.
> Mine is open during the day and when I'm out for a walk.  Sometimes I
leave it
> unlocked at night.

So here is a reality adjustment for you - Johannesburg, South Africa

It is common for houses to be surrounded by high walls, opposite me is just
that with - electric fencing running along the top. All houses in this
suburb (and pretty much common around other parts of the city) is for the
front & back doors to have security gates as well as some similar fencing
for the windows, either inside or outside. And, certain suburbs are zoned
as security villiages - in that only one access road (all others close off
to cars with little huts for security guards) which has a checkpoint and
you have to prove ID if visiting - such as piano tuner. Again, not every
single house but this is common. Welcome to e' new South Africa !

Gasped enough? and not an April fool

Brian Lawson
Lawsonic Pianoforte Services
PO Box 751097