Pierce Interpretation...

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 23:18:23 -0500

Ah, why'd you have to pick on this part? The next section of my reply was
better (retired serial numbers, etc.) Anyway, substitute sequential for
contiguous:

1000, 1001, 1002 = [total three pianos produced during fiscal period and
that block]
2000, 2001, 2002...[new fiscal period, plant manager throws a dart at wall
chart of numbers, and the new block of sequential numbers begins].

No veiled temperament messages from me... 'cept for an occasional
temperament tantrum(?).

At 10:29 PM 3/30/99 -0500, you wrote:

>In a message dated 3/30/99 9:37:53 PM, Jim Harvey wrote:
>
><<Manufacturers sometimes use contiguous numbers.>>
>
>Jim H.;
>Define please :-)
>as 1-2-3 ?
>as 1-3-5 ?
>as 1000-2000-3000
>Or is this a veiled reference trying to sneak temperament in. :-)
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Jim Harvey, RPT
Greenwood, SC
harvey@greenwood.net
Harvey's axiom #34: Beware of TV merchandise that is not available in stores.
Harvey's corollary to axiom #34: Beware of 'As seen on TV' merchandise in
stores.