Leveling a plate? Del? Ron? Anybody?

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 22:00:35 -0700

harvey wrote:
> ...the device you described would not lend itself to an occasional pinblock
> replacement -- one would have to do a lot of them to justify this type of
> equipment.

That's true, Jim. The important point in Shawn's demonstration was that,
with low-tech pipe clamps, a stick and some feeler guages, you could see
exactly where the plate is going to be distorted when it gets bolted
down and by how much. He used the stick, long enough to just slip
between the shortest distances between plate and soundboard/pin block,
and feeler guages to measure how much additional space there was at the
longer points. Similar low-tech methods could then be used to improve
the fit.

Yeah, that was real neat how the router could duplicate the contour of
the plate webbing. Good thing it wasn't plugged in when I was looking it
over...

Tom
--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT