Leveling a plate? Del? Ron? Anybody?

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 00:12:14 -0500

Slightly off topic, but thanks for rattling my memory Thomas. I seem to
recall a recent message where someone was wishing for a device to make a
mirror image of pinblock to plate webbing. I was going to attempt to
describe the same device you saw, but at the moment, could only remember
'Shawn'... never mind an appropriate description.

The thing I -do- remember from this class is that I finally met a more
dedicated tool junkie than myself. Shawn uses industrial grade (often
custom) equipment in all his work. Did you see the pictures of the overhead
trolly and crane system in his shop? If a plate requires 300~400 pounds of
oomph to lift, Shawn want support for 100K pounds. For this reason, the
device you described would not lend itself to an occasional pinblock
replacement -- one would have to do a lot of them to justify this type of
equipment. [Mentioned just in case someone is starting to drool just like I
did when I saw this neat device].

At 08:25 PM 3/30/99 -0700, you wrote:
[cut/edited for emphasis]
>...class given by Shawn Hoar (Unique Tools and Technology)
>... had a router set up that would resurface the top of the pin block
>(indexing on the underside of the webbing)...

Jim Harvey, RPT
Greenwood, SC
harvey@greenwood.net