Hammond Organ

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 21:53:12 -0400

Hi,
On Hammond organs with tone wheel generators, it is imperative to oil
the generator, once a year. It must be Hammond oil that is used.
I remember when I was tuning for a Beach Boy concert, they had a Hammond
that had been adapted to solid state genarators, by a company in
California. I would imagine it was an expensive proposition, and would
not be warranted on an RT3.
I have only seen solid state replacements for the rectifier tubes
(valves)  Although in the back of my mind I seem to remember outputs as
well.
Regards,
John M. Ross