OFF TOPIC

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 14:10:42 -0700

I got these from my son-in-law at Walla Walla, WA and thought the list
might enjoy them.
John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT

 ComputerTechnology for Country Folk...

1.  LOG ON:  Makin a wood stove hotter.

2.  LOG OFF:  Don't add no more wood.

3.  MONITOR:  Keepin an eye on the wood stove.

4.  DOWNLOAD:  Gettin the farwood off the truk.

5.  MEGA HERTZ:  When yer not kerful gettin the farwood.

6.  FLOPPY DISC:  Whatcha git from tryin to carry too much farwood.

7.  RAM:  That thar thing whut splits the farwood.

8.  HARD DRIVE:  Gettin home in the winter time.

9.  PROMPT:  Whut the mail ain't in the winter time.

10. WINDOWS:  Whut to shut wen it's cold outside.

11. SCREEN:  Whut to shut wen it's blak fly season.

12. BYTE:  Whut them dang flys do.

13. CHIP:  Munchies fer the TV.

14. MICRO CHIP:  Whut's in the bottom of the munchie bag.

15. MODEM:  Whut cha did to the hay fields.

16. DOT MATRIX:  Old Dan Matrix's wife.

17. LAP TOP:  Whar the kitty sleeps.

18. KEYBOARD:  Whar ya hang the dang keys.

19. SOFTWARE:  Them dang plastic forks and knifs.

20. MOUSE:  Whut eats the grain in the barn.

21. MAINFRAME:  Holds up the barn roof.

22. PORT:  Fancy Flatlander wine

23. ENTER:  Northerner talk fer "C'mon in y'all"

24. RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY:  Wen ya cain't 'member whut ya
    paid fer the rifle when yore wife asks.

25. MOUSE PAD:  That hippie talk fer the rat hole.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]