Silly Sunday ....was super glue battle

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 16:12:08 -0800

Lawsonic Pianoforte Services wrote:

> Of course! another way to tune - go to your customers on a bycycle, turn it
> upside down and spin the wheel, look through the spokes at the string as
> the wheel rotates and it will sort of stobe when you get the correct pitch.
>
> Brian

 How about we just adjust the unisons,
People never hear temperament anyway,
Some can hear octaves, but if we make the unisons SING
octaves are always masked very well, and sound very uniform.
The trick is to always set the left string a hair below the middle,
and the right string a hair above. The beauty of this technique is
you don't have to worry about exactly how much, just keep it close.
If done throughout the piano, it sounds very equal all over,
I think this is some toners mean by equal temperament.
If you offset it allot you get a nice chorus effect that guitar
players love. Guitarists pay lots of money for digital delays,
and pitch shifters to achieve this effect. I offer a balanced chorus
effect
for only $20 extra dollars, guaranteed to last till the next tuning.

Using this technique I can comfortably do 8 tunings by 3pm,
leaving extra time for my drinking buddies.

                                             Dave Renaud

I'm so glad the consensus is wayne was a joke....I feel much better now.