PianoDisc

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 10:43:37 -0500

"Larry J. Messerly" wrote:

> I am having trouble on an on-site pianodisc instalation.(If I ever have
> to do this job on-site again I'll charge double for the instalation.)

well..for starters..you also sent your message to the 2 people on this list
that I also have leaned pretty heavily on..Larry and Dave have helped me ALOT
in the past..and will in the future, I am sure.

I have been asked to do an installation at a customers home also..NO WAY
would I do that type of work at a customer's home..and I don't think they
would appreciate my 4-letter superlatives that tend to 'sneak out' when I'm
doing this type of work.

did you take the key bed off to cut the slot?..where did you do that..in the
LIVING ROOM???!?!?!?!

> When I got home friday night there was a call on my phone that the system
> was cutting out after playing 1 to three minutes if the volume was in the
> middle level and that the power supply fan did not seem to be working and
> the power supply was too hot to touch.

this is NOT good..it is possible(though not likely) that the new power supply
is no good..this will cause everything else to not operate properly.

>  Unfortunately for me it has been some time since I've been to a pianodisc
> instalation class and a lot has changed with the new silent drive system
> that is not covered in the instalation manual.

it hasn't changed that much that you couldn't figure things out on your own
just based on your experience.

> Any suggestions on setting expression tables, techniques to make learn
> table work better, or the address to the pianodisc e-mail list?

first..make sure the action is in decent regulation..i'm sure you are aware
of this..then follow through with the tables..make sure you have 40v
selected..start with 'medium' for the action setting..I personally do not set
the minimum velocities as low as they can go the first time through..i would
rather play the system LOUD and work those selonoids quite a bit first before
setting a final minimum velocity..also check the Key Hold function..that's a
nice and very useful setting on the PianoDisc..

work with your gut instincts on the tables..chances are you are probably
correct rather than wrong.

I'd like to hear from Dave and Larry myself on this one.

Rook