super glue battle

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 08:05:19 EST

Dear Burndkrisp@AOL.COM;
  Obviously you need some help on this one.  Since we were all newbies at one
time  I don't mind sharing thoughts in your travails....and so.

1. Korg tuner problems...you probably had the plug inadvertantly misplugged
and the polarity was not correct.  This would explain why every string tuned
to 440.
just flip the plug over at the wall socket and when you get it right use the
"SG" on one side to hold it in place.

 2. Using "SG"..........You should never!! ever!! use "SG" without first
protecting the action with the editorial section of a current copy of the New
York Times. In addition using this method will keep you from wasting "white
stuff" getting your finger unstuck...how unprofessional!!

  3. Slipping notes...... Since you have an adequate supply of "SG", when you
get a note where you want it to be, 440 I presume, put about ten drops of "SG"
on each bearing point of that note-then, hit it with accelerator and that
string won't move again!........ Slipping string problem solved.

 4. Keep trying.................. make sure you are charging an adequate
hourly rate to compensate for your learning curve.
Jim Bryant (FL)