Absences doesn't make the heart grow fonder

btrout@desupernet.net btrout@desupernet.net
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 19:55:59 -0500

Hi Don,

Although I wouldn't wish this situation on anyone, I'm glad you posted it
here.

Something I've been wondering about is what kind of insurance would be wise
for a tuner/technician to carry.  There's the possibilities of breaking
something like an expensive vase, or knocking a valuable painting off of the
wall, or of damaging the piano in some way, or like you've mentioned, someone
being robbed with you as a suspect (since you were the last one there...).

Question is, how do you protect yourself from this kind of situation?  Do you
refuse to tune if there's no one home?  or if they have to leave for work
before you're done? or if they want to leave the door open for you?

It's a legitimate concern considering the society we all live in.

Would sure like to hear what you think!

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.