Damper Configurations

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 21:21:02 EST

In a message dated 3/25/99 7:09:47 PM !!!First Boot!!!, nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
writes:

<< When
 installing dampers, do you have a favorite configuration of wedges and pads
 that you adapt to individual pianos, or do you try to reproduce what was
 there? Since what was there sometimes didn't seem to work as well as it
 could (which, I know, could be from old hard dampers as easily as a less
 than optimal choice of pads), or the cut of the felt is peculiar to the
 brand and isn't available any more, what's your criteria of choice when you
 install the new felt? What's your damper schedule?

  Ron  >>

I try to reproduce what was there first. If that wasn't really working right,
I try to go with trichords both front and back, about 1/3 of the way up the
mid treble, and then tri in the front and pad in back, to the first strut. If
that still isn't working, I experiment a little until I can get it to work.

Wim