Proper Approach? - CA pinblock repairs

Ellsworth HOOD@uwplatt.edu
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 16:57:14 -0600 (CST)

I brought up the subject of CA repairs on the Harpsichord (and fortepiano)
list, as this would be useful for tightening kapsel stems (the metal kind) and
the axle pins thru the hammershanks.  But they didn't but the noxious fumes
part.  Is this really true?  Why don't either the ads for CA glue or the
tubes/containers themselves have any warnings?  A very mild " use with adequate
ventilation' at the end of the extensive cautions about glueing yourself to
your project was all I found, on only one brand.
	Margaret Hood