SAT Problems

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:14:25 -0700

At 06:55 AM 3/23/99 -0800, Ed wrote:

>The wire on the foot pedal of my SAT has developed a break right at the
>plug end.  My friendly Radio Shack has all kinds of plugs, but none like
>this.  The break is too close to the plug to repair.  I don't need a new
>foot pedal for $75.  I need a new plug for $1.89, and some wire.  The plug
>is 3/32" and 9/16th" long.  Anybody know where I can get a replacement?????

It's a subminiature two-conductor phone plug and your Radio Shack *should* have
them in packages of two with red covers as catalog #274-290 for about a buck
and a half.. They also carry wire that works. Just make sure it's stranded and
not solid-core.  I've replaced the wire on mine twice already, and periodically
both ends have to be cut off and resoldered as the wires break near the ends. I
keep a package of plugs around all the time, as it doesn't take a lot of stress
to break them or the connecting wires.

                        John

John Musselwhite, RPT -  Calgary, Alberta Canada
Registered Piano Technician   http://www.musselwhite.com
email: john@musselwhite.com