What does "Steinway Training" consist of ?

Chris Gregg cgregg@cadvision.com
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:56:02 -0700

Steven,
	I have submitted applications for the STEP program several times over for
about the past ten years. More recently I had been advised on separate
occasions by Peter Goodrich, Karl Roeder, and Kevin Stock that I should be
encouraged to take the Steinway program.  I am an independent technician,
but I am on good working terms with the local Steinway dealer.  I do own a
Steinway, have Steinway customers, and do work for the Banff Centre here in
Canada.  Of course I would really be interested in the  Concert Prep.
seminar, being an and avid aural tuner, however I would cherish any
opportunity to work with Steinway and Sons.  Thankyou for keeping us up to
date on this one Stephen.

Yours  truly,

Christopher D Gregg  RPT

11444 Coventry Blvd
Calgary Alberta
Canada T3K 4B1
403 226-1019

At 10:24 AM 3/18/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Richard & List,
>
>Through our Steinway Technical Education Program (STEP) we currently offer
three
>seminars to the technical community: Comprehensive (formerly
Introduction), Tuning
>& Tone Production, and Dampers.  The Concert Preperation seminar should be
>considered "invitation only" at this point.  You do not have to be
affiliated with
>a Steinway dealer to attend these seminars, but dealer technicians do receive
>priority placement.  The wait for an invitation can be quite long, but
this is a
>problem that we are trying to solve.  If you are interested in applying,
please
>send me an e-mail with your street address and I will send you the
>brochure/application.
>
>Our Hamburg factory also runs a technical education program, but it only
available
>to technicians who work and live in Europe, Asia, Africa, or Australia.
If this