Sharp things (was Re: Biscuit cutter)

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 22:16:26 -0600 (CST)

At 05:47 PM 3/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Ron...
>
>Point 1: I momentarily confused Norm Abrams with the guy that cuts down a
>tree with a scythe, then, using his feet for a vise, turns said tree into a
>rocking chair  using only a pocket knife.

* BUZZZZZZZ! Wrong! Thank you for playing. That would be the Roy Underhill
creature, who buys Band-Aids by the case and uses his sour mash for wound
disinfectant (visible evidence to the contrary). He's good to watch when you
need to feel good about having gotten through the day with all your fingers.
Like when you have had a day so hideous that that's the only possibility of
consolation you have left. Ya know? By the way, that would be an antique
#214 Barlow pocketknife with the cheater bar and hammer striking platform on
the handle (shudder). Besides, feet are used for installing S&S lyres.

>Personally, I'm not interested in
>anything that doesn't have a wall socket, batteries, or fossil fuels
>nearby.

* Uh oh, this sounds like a line voltage diesel coming on.

>I finally realized you are talking about the guy that either buys
>Titebond by the tanker-load, or has an endorsement agreement with Franklin.
>Apparently he hasn't heard of dry-wall screws.

* He owns a biscuit joiner. He has no use for such pedestrian hardware. (Be
green, be VERY green (ha!))

>Point 2. Why do I get the feeling that "Mr. Caster Cup" will be introducing
>a new spring line of Dixie Cup dispensers -- in contrasting hardwoods, no
>doubt. 8-}

* Baja Mason-Dixon Distributors Inc. Live Oak and Spanish moss products for
livin' the Gentry life. Y'all come on down. Season tickets and snake bite
remedy available by prior arrangement... also snakes.

>Decisions decisions,
>Jim Gone to whup up some yum-yum biscuits and [either] milk or red-eye Harvey
>(aka Jim glad we have 911 service Harvey)

* Aw heck, now I'm thirsty too.

>Jim Harvey, RPT

OK, so the List watch "topic cops" and "bandwidth watchdogs" are going to
get me if I don't have anything technical here, so I'll offer the
observation that the Chickering repair that started all this (there HAD to
be a Jim or two of some sort behind this) might also benefit from a few of
those sheetrock screws that Norm is too bisquitized to use, strategically
placed through the inner rim, and into the outer to better hold the whole
mess together. Like I said, I like mechanical fasteners. They prove someone
was there who cared.

Best,
 Ron