Fitting Pinblocks

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 13:47:35 -0500

Carl, no contest on either of your comments. Even figured out the "two"
plate surfaces after only two blinks and one head-scratch (so I'm slow
today... it happens). However, would you extend the registering theme?
Seems that registry holes/pins would be out of the question in this
situation. Just curious as to your method.

At 07:35 AM 3/19/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Two fitting tips . . . . . .
>
>Before fitting the block, run a disk sander over the two plate surfaces
>to see if there are any high spots that should be ground off.  Could
>give you a better fit in less time.
>
>Register the location of the block right to left when fitting so that
>you're placing the block in the same position each time you knock it
>against the flange.
>
>Carl Root, RPT

Jim Harvey, RPT
Greenwood, SC