grand pedal lyre

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:09:11 -0500

There are two wedges at each end of the posts on this piano.  Make
sure the top block and the pedal box are aligned with each other and
make sure the parts are not pulled away from each other.  I like to
use two pipe clamps for this alignment and securement.

Get a carpenters wedge and cut  it so the pointed end is about the
same thickness as the wedges on the lyre and slightly narrower than
the wedges.  These wedges may not be glued on or if they are are only
on one side.  With the lyre firmly on the floor use a claw sized
hammer and drive the wedges deeper into their clots.  this will
resecure them nicely.

THese are glueless joints and once secured they will remain tight for
years to come.

		Newton