Aural 442?

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:06:22 EST

John -

Just don't forget to pull it sharp about 25% over what it was (a little less
in the tenor) -about a half a beat over 442 if it was at A440 - even if it is
only a 2 beat raise, you want to it to be dead set on 442 when you go through
it the second time.  Have fun!

Bill Shull
U of Redlands, La Sierra U
Loma Linda, CA

<< greetings techie ones....

 Tommorow I am required to raise a piano to 442 for a visiting ensemble.
 Being an anachronistic non VTD aural tuner type, I nted to confirm my

 assumptions of how to raise 440 to 442 aurally...

 Please check and confirm/correct:

 A440 to A442 is and increase of  8 cents
 4 cents at A440 is approximately 1 beat per second
 raising  A440 by 2 beats per second from my fork will give me A442.

 Am I right?

 Thanks for the help! >>