Piano Sales Forces...

YouthPage8@AOL.COM YouthPage8@AOL.COM
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 00:29:13 EST

In a message dated 3/13/99 7:35:24 PM Central Standard Time,
btrout@desupernet.net writes:

<< Since I work for a dealer, I am often in the background, tuning away
 while one of our 'illustrious' is selling his heart out regardless if
 it's a S$S or a Chinese Chang.  It is absolutely amazing to me to listen
 to these guys.  To listen to them talk, they've got engineering degrees
 in acoustics and mechanics out the wazoo.  You name it, they have the
 nice tidy answer.  (Even if it is totally untrue, or something that
 belongs in "fantasyland".) There's an angle to everything, and no matter
 what the polished turd happens to be, it's a "good value".  Oh, my head
 hurts after listening to some of these 'pitches'. >>

Brian,
	I'm going to be as polite about this as I possibly can but you are way off
base.  DON'T GENERALIZE LIKE THAT.  You have offended me greatly personally.
I am a piano salesperson, but also a person who strives to be honest and
forthright with his customers, and I am also a piano technician who spends a
great deal of time doing research into the pianos I sell and piano technology
in general.  Perhaps you should also remember that if you think you can do a
better job perhaps you should get into this "piano sales" force that you are
so hasty to criticize.  After all, you may be a better technical expert... on
the other hand he may be a better person for working with people... if not...
get a job with the store.  In any case... if you should feel like criticizing
the "sales force" again soon in the future do me a favor and narrow the field
down a bit... Don't include us all please.

Jonathan Hoover
Member of the "Piano Sales Force"
Piano Technician

BTW: I don't sell S&S or YC.  I'm strictly a Yamaha salesperson... maybe you
just need to get with a Yamaha dealership.