Piano Sales Forces...

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:04:26 EST

baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca writes:

<< Hi Willem,
            Are we the only good dealers? I'm smiling!!! But here's a
 thought, maybe PTG should consider training seminars for dealers, as well
 as a training seminars for techs, on how to train dealers in the sales
 advantages of preped pianos. Some official consumer litrature, along with
 some PTG reconition for dealerships that participate with our recommended
 standards. As a body we do little to help clean up the market place, maybe
 it's time we stepped up to the plate.
 Wow what a can of worms. Now I'm going to duck and climb into a big flame
 suit.
 Regards Roger

When the PTG convention was in St. Louis several years ago, we sent out an
invitation to all teachers and dealers to attend a forum on working together.
We had representatives from the manufacturing arena, a national officer from
one of the teacher's associations, (a local lady), and the PTG Board. If I
recall, one local dealer, out 6 at that time, and only a handful of teachers
showed up.

If the PTG is going "educate" the dealers, they have to show up first. In our
market, I don't think we would get too many of them to attend one of these
meetings. And for years, our chapter has been trying to give a program to the
piano teachers. We have never been invited.

I have on my desk information about the Spells program. One of these days I
will send out an invitation to the dealers and teachers. But I am reluctant to
do it. Rejection is hard to take.

Willem