What does "Steinway Training" consist of ?

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 11:22:26 -0600

Richard,
Steinway New York has had a program called STEPS.  Four separate week-long
trips.  You must be sponsored by a dealer, They prefer University
involvement, concert work, Steinway parts account, clientele with
Steinways, etc.
1) Introduction to the Steinway Piano
Tours and hands on work on pianos in both private and group setting.  We
did mostly dealer prep stuff, hardening hammers, regulation, tuning,
voicing, etc. Lots of history and factory tours.
2) Tuning and Tone Prep.(Tuning and voicing goals)
3) Dampers  (building dampers -ground up)
4) Concert Prep
They have from time to time stopped the program.  It took me a year or so
to get invited.  It was an awesome experience!  A valuable week in my
career.
LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
New Orleans Chapter
Mandeville, LA.
II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II
lafargue@iamerica.net