Yamaha C7

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 08:12:48 -0500

>  But the piano is "hanging" between the first and the second floor. Twisting the strings
> will be a dangerous job:

If they are stupid enough to do something like this without consulting
with a piano technician then let them suffer the consequences.  I
always hated doing this type of work, resteraunts, bars, hotels and
other unmusical environs.

As I said in a post to you, "moisture", likely in the form of
condensation, is the problem here, not the piano or it's strings.

You are NOT in the business of putting yourself at risk.

_If_ they are willing to unswing the piano for string replacement and
other maintenance, then I would suggest a string cover for the piano
to be in place at all time.

Decorators are so f#@&^$^* _stupid_!

	Newton