Piano Sales Forces...

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 18:31:47

Hi Willem,
           Are we the only good dealers? I'm smiling!!! But here's a
thought, maybe PTG should consider training seminars for dealers, as well
as a training seminars for techs, on how to train dealers in the sales
advantages of preped pianos. Some official consumer litrature, along with
some PTG reconition for dealerships that participate with our recommended
standards. As a body we do little to help clean up the market place, maybe
it's time we stepped up to the plate.
Wow what a can of worms. Now I'm going to duck and climb into a big flame
suit.
Regards Roger

At 10:33 AM 3/14/99 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 3/14/99 1:35:24 AM !!!First Boot!!!, btrout@desupernet.net
>writes:
>
><< There's an angle to everything, and no matter
> what the polished turd happens to be, it's a "good value".  Oh, my head
> hurts after listening to some of these 'pitches'.  It makes me wonder
whether
>there are just plain regular people who sell a good piano for a fair price
>without all the hype.   >>
>

>Not to blow my own horn to much, but at Blees Piano, our "sales" staff
doesn't
>give hype, or bull *&^%. etc. I have trained my people to be honest and
>straight forward. We probably loose a sale or two, but many of our customers
>say they bought from us because we didn't hype them into buying a piano they
>didn't want.
>
>One word about the term "a good value."  You have to understand that pianos
>come in all shapes, sizes, conditions, age, etc. A "good value" just means
>that you get what you pay for. This kind of goes along with my other response
>regarding repairs. You do what is necessary to make it work, even if it isn't
>the "correct" repair. Some people only have $1000, and so they get a piano
>that plays relatively well, sort of stays in tune, and looks half way decent.
>They are getting a "good value" for their money. Unfortunately, there are
some
>dealers that will sell a piano for $1000 that should have been land fill, but
>then that's another story.
>
>Willem Blees

Roger Jolly
Balwin Yamaha Piano Centres.