peroxide

Lawsonic Pianoforte Services lawsonic@global.co.za
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 13:16:37 +0200

Use of peroxide here (South Africa) is done out of a little bottle, the
keys sit out in the sun (which we have quite a lot of) and get swabbed ever
half an hour or so, so being in the sun peroxide dries up very quickly. If
you use indoors under UV you may get the problem below. One checks that the
keys are not loose before being put outside and glue them back on as
needed.

Brian

----------The use of liquids on ivories attached to
> keys is questionable since ivory is porus and they might decide to become
> unglued. They first exhibit this tendency by curling up at the edges, and
> then splitting down the middle.... sometimes. Even on ivories removed it
> is a touchy procedure, they still try to warp depending on how you try to
> dry them.
>
> Ric Whiter   <----(but slightly warped)

Lawsonic Pianoforte Services
PO Box 751097