Ed's rant on temperament

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 17:39:02 -0600 (CST)

At 04:12 PM 3/13/99 EST, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>     Ah,  the temperament skirmish warms again in front of us.  Did the old
>guys have it right? Is the modern version the superior tuning?  How tight does
>it have to be to be "equal"?  This battlefield has seen action for a long
>time, and there are few bullets yet fresh enough to do mortal harm.

* Sorry Ed, none of that has been mentioned up to now by anyone but Bill,
and now you. I don't recall EVER reading ANYTHING on this list from an ET
tuner that was negative toward HTs... EVER. I have, however read literally
DOZENS, if not HUNDREDS of negative remarks about ET from at least one HT
tuner. This has, so far, been a technical inquiry for clarification, NOT a
temperament skirmish. Let's not, PLEASE, make it one.

>Regards,
>Ed Foote

Good comments on the rest.

 Ron