The Elusive Meisel Mystery

PDtek@AOL.COM PDtek@AOL.COM
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 15:13:25 EST

In a message dated 3/13/99 2:29:35 AM Central Standard Time,
remoody@easnet.net writes:

>  What about the full
>  page ads in Music Trades that shout "Butcher Free" Player Piano Systems.
>  (Meisel Industries)  (without an email address, major short comming these
>  days)
>  Major Ric OShort

According to my PianoDisc rep, the Meisel system does not exist. When MSR
heard of this company, they packed up their lawyers and went to pay a visit to
see what was what. Allegedly, all they have is some scribbled notes and
drawings. The Music Trades ads were for the purpose of attracting investors to
pay for R&D. When I wrote to Meisel for more info, what they sent me were
photo copies of their ads and an offer to put one of their systems in any
piano I would like to send them for a mere $25,000.00! No technical info, no
nothing.

Do they have something, are do they don't? Time may tell. I would say that
it's definitely too soon to be hyping their product to potential customers.

Dave