redhead and the Yamaha

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 00:05:11 -0600 (CST)

At 11:31 PM 3/12/99 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 3/12/99 10:05:03 PM Central Standard Time,
>nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET writes:
>
><< Please attempt to give me a reasonably cogent
> and unemotional description of the tuning pattern that constitutes what you
> (alone) chose to condemn as "Reverse Well". I don't see how you can hope to
> interest anyone in your crusade if you can't define the problem in a
> reasonable manner. I think it's time you either did so, or let it alone. By
> the way, why is "Reverse" capitalized? >>
>
>It is the exact opposite of a true, Well-Tempered Tuning.
>
>Bill Bremmer RPT
>Madison, Wisconsin

Yet again, Bill, that's not an answer. It's not that easily dismissed. What
is the "exact opposite" of a given temperament, a= -440? If there is no
objective criteria for your negative assessment of temperaments other than
your own, then say so. Don't hide behind capricious and arbitrary
nomenclature as if it had any real substance if you can't outline a
superficial definition of that substance. Please make an honest attempt to
reasonably define your terms so I will have even a minimal understanding of
what you are talking about. I'm asking for an understandable minimal
definition of your term. I consider the request to be reasonable enough to
warrant an honest attempt at an answer if you can generate one. I really
would like to know.

 Ron