What's best

btrout@desupernet.net btrout@desupernet.net
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 19:57:36 -0500

Hi Willem,

I know we're talking 'Old Upright' here, so I wouldn't fault anyone for doing a
"just get 'em through 'till the rest of the thing falls apart in a million pieces
on the living room rug" type of repair.  But if I have an option, and the rest of
the piano isn't too bad, I much prefer to make a new bass bridge rather than
repair the old one.  Granted, I work more in a shop environment, and that probably
influences my ideas, but after you've made a couple of them, it doesn't really
take that long to complete the whole process.  (Besides, I think making bridges is
fun!... maybe I'm just nuts?!...)  : - )   It might be different if you need to
send it out to be duplicated.  Actually, that's how I got started making them.  We
needed one, like NOW!, and we couldn't wait. So... I made one.  Only took a couple
hours.

Always good to see the varying opinions.

Best wishes,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.