My 10-minute tuning in practice!

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:04:31 EST

<<I've been hearing that it comes out better with two quick tunings than
fighting with one long one when they're flat like this.>>

Brian;
 My "normal" tuning is two passes unless it is on an instrument that gets
tuned very often, say once a week/month at a dinner theatre.
  I found that it was a choice of spending 5/10 minutes cleaning up wandering
unisons/chords/octaves after a one pass tuning, or making one very quick pass
and then being able to set a really solid tuning the second time around.
Basically the same as a pitch raise just not as drastic :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)